- I'm still recovering from the Christmas fantasy world of cookies, Scotch, and relaxation. (OK, that excuse is a little too ridiculous even for me!)
- I'm struggling with an emotional spiral caused by so many days of no sunshine due to some crappy Austin weather (kind of true, but we've had a couple days of sun now).
- I'm fighting to grasp reality thrown off by the surrealism of being trapped in the house for days due to the recent ice storm.
- I forgot how to get up early to write, and sometimes I want to stay in bed if I'm having nice dreams!
- I feel obligated to the mountain of DVDs waiting for me to watch, and I can't let them down!
- I'm reading too much manga, since I can convince myself that it's part of my Japanese studies (as long as my studies include magical gender transformations).
- I can persuade myself far too easily that I should watch just one more episode of Gokusen 2.
- Staying up all night waiting to buy a Nintendo Wii has thrown off my internal sleep clock!
- It's too hard to focus on writing after playing Wii games for six hours straight.
- I'm too busy bracing myself for the midlife crisis that's just around the corner!
Top Ten excuses for not blogging
It's been a long time since I've missed so many days of posting on WEBmikey, and I hope I can get my act together soon. So to continue my goofy Top Ten series, here's why there hasn't been anything new to read here lately. All of these are at least a tiny bit true, and I can think of many more reasons, but of course the real reason is that I'm lazy (shhh, don't tell anyone)!